Monday, May 29, 2006

The Purpose of Memorial Day

The purpose in all its simplicity is not to support anything in particular or to go on a three day shopping binge.


The purpose of Memorial Day is to honor our war dead and reflect upon the sacrifices they, and their families, made for our country.

That is where my thoughts are today.

I'm adding a link to a
post at BIO which is heartbreaking.

I'm going to edit this because Pia has a beautiful post up and cooper has a funny dis against " right wing rock list " and American Idol that I think are worth noting for all the ten people visting this blog each day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I love your blog. And thanks for the link. Know that Memorial Day is for Vets but since it's supposed to be about people who sacrificed their lives for this country, what about The Trade Center victims? Feels like it would be the perfect day

Anonymous said...

I always have to visit you... :)

I am proud to say... :)

Hope you had a wonderful Memorial Day....