Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Post Kentucky Derby and Killing Grubs.

The Baltimore Orioles stayed in the game with four home runs and then got a much-needed win with a soft single. Coming off a road trip on which they went 0-5 and were outscored 35-12, the Orioles rallied three times for a 7-6 victory over the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday night.


Yea, they needed it.

The Derby was a very interesting affair. The weather was excellent and I drank a lot. The horses were spectacular to look at. It was nice to get away from it all and do something different. The winner boards in Maryland. I think I’ll be heading to the Preakness this year.



I keep meaning to expand the base of blogs I read on a daily basis but for some reason by the time I get through with the ones I do read I never have time.
Cooper has a interesting read at Darfur: An Unforgivable Hell on Earth. The girl does think. She also refuses to pontificate on Virgin Pledges at Wonderland or Not but makes us laugh anyway. MJ is doing something different with his blog as well by mixing it up and I like it.

Shayna is alive and well after a close call and
Patriotic Cowgirl just returned from the Derby as well and Pia at Courting Destiny does what she does best. Write

I've got to deal with a lawn that appears to have some grub problems. See you all later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a good--and funny person--well you make me laugh

Thank you Jacob

Anonymous said...

Glad you went to the Derby... :) and Drinking??? YOU??? LOL!!!

I'm glad to be alive too... thank you!! :)

and DAMN grubs!!!

Also... I think you have posted this post twice... it's okay... I like reading your stuff two or three times!!!

Jacob said...

Shayna, forgive me.
I don't think I have ever reread any old posts. I will from now on.

Jeremy said...

And in other news...the Sox just beat the O's for the 13th straight time last night. We own your ass :-)