Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mother's Day Thoughts on Blogs.

I’ve gotten away from the pox for a few minutes.

I’m going to try not to mention grubs or my lawn.

It has been rainy on and off, and cold so that won’t be hard.

It was a pox ridden weekend but it wasn’t bad. He has a mild case due to vaccination and he seems to be no worse for wear.

I’m going with something different tonight in the few minutes I have online.

First let's start with Darfur, something I knew very little about until on reading
political notio , sometime last summer, I started to read comments from a girl called Alice, from wonderland or not and consequently began reading her blog.

My full intention was to read mainly political blogs, a fair share which are on my newsreader. Alice had more of a mixture and she was a younger blogger than those I had planned to be reading. Nevertheless I started to read and was capitivated.

It wasn't a political blog per say it was a personal blog but it was full of politics and humor and an intelligent and sometimes raw banter which I enjoyed and would not have expected to find from a twenty year old.

Alice's is where I first heard about Darfur and lately the talk about Darfur on the web and otherwise has been heading in a direction leaning more toward the real solution instead of the pretense of being concerned. I feel a real solution is something that is going to be difficult to arrive at but if it is keep in the news we surely will have to try. I thank Alice for bringing Darfur to my attention and for also thinking about it and making posts beyond the basic humanitarian effort.

She started a new blog devoted totally to Darfur and so far my favorite post there is
Considerations on Darfur: Is it Genocide? Again and of course the Darfur: Happy Mother's Day post hit home, pictures always do.


Political Notio is where I found people could actually discuss politics and not yell it or ram it down my throat. Womderland or Not is where I found out that there is hope for the future as there is wit and brilliance and humanity there and not all twenty - year old spend all day watching MTV or shopping and when they do it is funny.




In case you missed Al Gore on SNL.








I'm going to leave this Sunday night with one opinion and I know that there is a lot of wavering on this. I think Bush should be impeached but not only impeached but possibly hanged.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with the last sentiment

Hope the kid is better, also

Alice came into my life a bit under a year ago, and it's never been the same since. She and the Wombat have totally restored my faith in the future

Though had to stop Alice a zillion times "I'm only a 20 year old college student." With a better mind than most of her teachers, I'm sure.

She's rruly made me a better person, but don't tell her that

Jeremy said...

The Al Gore vid is fantastic. What the hell would people do with C&L?

Just imagine the utopia he was describing...and the hell that is reality now.

Jacob said...

I enjoyed the video jeremy and it does make me think.

pia everyone one the internet that I have read or read routinely has made me stop and think.