Sunday, May 21, 2006

Post Preakness Blues.

I went to my first Derby this year and decided to go to the Preakness.
As many have already heard I'm sure it was a sad situation that occured when the Kentcuky Derby winner broke his leg. The last line of this article is true.

Regardless of Barbaro's ultimate fate, many fans in 2006 will have the same reaction as their counterparts in 1975. They will find it difficult to watch a Thoroughbred race or muster enthusiasm for the sport for a long, long time.


The place was madenss for sometime afterward. There were even a few threatened arrests of a news team froma local NBC affiliate.

I don't know that much about horse racing. A gentelman next to me said something about this case scenario beibg a hazard of running three year olds. This , I guess means that they are young and the anticiaption of the race and the adremilin produced there of nothandled as well by a three year old.

Another thing someone told me and which I was unaware is that a three year old horse is actually often closer to two years old in human bio terms.

The whole thing was horrifying.

Nice day out and I am not dealing with grubs today.

Hope you are all having a great weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, that was very horrible... sad indeed.

Glad you are not having to deal with grubs today...

Anonymous said...

That must have been horrible to see.

I justheardon the news that he came out of surgery fine and is jumping around. I don't imagine he will race again.