Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Hot Hot Hot

This time of year is often full of local tragedy.

Yesterday several baseball players from the local minor league franchise of the Orioles collapsed at their game and had tobe brought to the hospital with
heat exhaustion.

I just read a high school football player died somewhere in Georgia due to heat stroke.

Last year a young man died at the academy here where they train fire fighters; he died after a five mile run on over ninety degree heat.

I know the next month will be full of this kind of thing.

I wonder when people will figure out that it is not worth it.

My wife, as some of you know, is a lawyer and is currently in Chicago.

You'd think it would be temperate there but she has informed me that it is extremely hot in the city this week and she wishes she were in Canada instead. That wasn't an option.



I'm doing my part in not running any heavy duty appliances during peak times.



I took my son swimming last evening after six and it was horrible even at that time.
Kid for some reason don't seem to notice it.

Everyone stay out of the heat will ya.





I know you've seen this a hundred times but I like it.




I'm working at home in the lower level of the house because it is quite cool being partially underground.

Even two heat pumps doesn't cut it this time of year and at the end of the day the upstairs is hot no matter what we do.

No comments: