Wednesday, July 05, 2006

It's a bird, it's a plane..........it's a missile

China and Russia - expletive times ten.

UN weighs sanctions on North Korea




UNITED NATIONS (Reuters) - Japan, backed by the United States and Britain, called on Wednesday for a U.N. Security Council resolution imposing sanctions on North Korea for its series of missile launches.

But Russia and China, after an emergency council meeting, made clear they would oppose any sanctions. Both nations, who have veto power, favor a weaker council statement.


Saying Russia had "serious concerns" about North Korea's actions, Ambassador Vitali Churkin said he opposed sanctions and favored a diplomatic solution.








Leiberman go home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the end to your post!

Can't believe that I don't have you blogrolled. Feel totally sick over that

Anonymous said...

LOL!!!! Lieberman go home is right! :)

Anonymous said...

Leiberman... :)

Anonymous said...

Russia and China are hurting my argument for supporting the UN. Ugh!

Jacob said...

pia, I'm shocked myself. :)

shayna. )

cowgirl. ha
durante vita. sometimes the US hurts my arguement but right now it is China and Russia that have me in a neck hold.
bob, thanks for stopping by, I'll take a look at your site.