Wednesday, January 24, 2007

SOTU fails.

The SOTU address didn't go over very well; it doesn't take a variety of pundits, online or elsewhere, to point out the scary grimaces on Condi Rice's face during the whole thing. It was painful to watch, I was grimacing too. I didn't realize it until my wife asked me what was wrong with my face. She has asked me that before just not in this context.

How dare he give such an address to the American people, as if we don't know better.

This link, thanks to Daily Kos, to a reporter who knows better.
Reality Check: Bush's State Of The Union Speech

Do you think they are laughing in the rest of the free world?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're my first and only comment tonight because I wanted to tell your prayers worked I think---didn't even miss blogging, kind of

Don't want to know what other context you wife has....

Didn't see it as I don't watch TV on vacation. Reading it was painful enough
Had a wide choice of newspapers--USA Today or USA Today. Some guy said that we have to stay the course because this is a new type of war.

Damn straight and terrorism has to be fought with intelligence not troops--actually it's the third war of its type and we didn't win the two prior ones

This was longer than your post

Anonymous said...

I missed the SOTU speech. But I don't make the effort to hear him speak either. I lost respect for that man a while ago.