Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Opinions - and changing template

Currently playing with template and switching to blogrolling so links may disappear for some time.


Nothing like a day off in the middle of the week and golf from seven till noon to put me in good spirits.

Michelle Wie did not make the cut and frankly at age sixteen it is probably a good thing. She did hang tough until yesterday I give her that.

I agree in some respects with this assessment from
Sports Fan Magazine.

Before I get all the nasty e-mails, I am not a "Michelle Wie hater". I think she is a prodigious talent for a 16 year old; I would not argue if someone were to say she is the best golfer in the world of high school age; I think she shows poise and grace playing the game; I think she should become an outstanding professional golfer if she does not succumb to the monetary temptations outside the game that take time away from her game. I also think she is reaching way beyond her current capabilities in trying to play - and make the cut - on the men's PGA Tour. Maybe some day, but not yet. Right now, it would really be worth something to put some substance behind all the hype that is her created image - such as to win a tournament somewhere against players of some stature greater than high school students or amateurs in Hawaii. It's really been a while since she's won a tournament of any kind let alone one of any import. It's getting to be that time when one draws comparisons between her and Anna Kournikova. We're not there yet, but we're getting close...


Except having watched her play I think there is more substance and I don't see any indication that she will go the way of Kournikova, and besides that who can blame Anna for succumbing to the monetary temptations which were there without her having to work twelve hours a day in the hot sun on a hard court.

Alice opines on the Rolling Stone /Duke Lacrosse article.
She questions the articles intentions and hopes that it is mere parody.
Sadly I think no parody exists in this case.

This just makes me want to yell.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

golf disturbs me.

Anonymous said...

LOL... cooper! :)

Being a woman (if you didn't know) I was soooo hoping Wie would have made it... but she is young and has so many years ahead of her...

Anna? From what I remember Anna wasn't the greatest tennis player... she is sexy... but to compare Wie and Kournikova? Not even in the same league...

and yes... that disturbs me toooo... on the disturbing part... we are concentrating more on Gay marriage than on other things that need to be focused on...