Saturday, April 14, 2007

Complaining

We've had a rash of people coming to our door this week asking for money.

Don't get me wrong, I donate to the volunteer fire department and various other agencies. I have even donated to door to door solicitors in the past. I always do the kids who are selling things for the local high school or elementary school. I am always a sucker for Girl Scout Cookies and the like but over the least two weeks I have had three different fire departments here and just this morning someone from a small business association.

The small business people wanted me to fill out a survey, which I gladly complied with all the time thinking it would hasten their departure. What they really wanted was nine hundred dollars for a membership.

My wife no longer answers the door when strangers pull up.

"Jacob can you get the door please, it's someone wanting money again.

Just a complaint.

No comments: